So, here is the breakdown:
- Be more conscious of what and how much I'm eating.
- Do 30 minutes of heart healthy exercise a day
- Do as many sit-ups and push-ups as I can in a row before getting into the shower.
These healthier habits have resulted in losing 15 pounds this year, which feels great.
- Continue reading the scriptures and praying daily.
- Organize one area in my home at a time, starting with the most problematic area first and working methodically.
- Decorate one area at a time.
- Brainstorm with my husband about what is most important for each child right now and work on doing that thing.
- Figure out a reasonable system that encourages our kids to be more responsible and self-motivated with their chores, homework, etc.
- Start a book group.
- Put a little more thought and effort into date night.
All in all, I think I had a good year last year. This optimism may be inflated by the fact that I am usually a pretty terrible New Year's resolution keeper, but I'll take it.