Thursday, February 16, 2012

Busy, Busy, Bathroom

We are busy, busy, as usual.  We also started having our master bathroom remodeled this week.  I wish I could brag that it is me and my husband sweating it out, but I have to admit that we have hired a contractor and it is nice knowing it will be done soon, with minimal stress on our parts, other than enduring the noise and mess that comes with remodeling.

So I've been able to concentrate on the fun part: the design.  I want to feel like I stepped into a sunny day at the beach every time I go in my bathroom.  I also want a more contemporary look than I normally go for.  I just like a bathroom to feel (and hopefully be) clean.  Here are some inspiration photos I pinned:

I love the look of the marble with the warm brown of the vanity.
Via Decorpad


Lovely color scheme--like the warmth of the wood with the blue and marble
via Google Images

Good mix of modern and cottage
I love the open vanity and beachy feel.  

love this silver travertine for a shower
Love the outdoor tropical shower


Here is a sneek peek of what we are doing:

Shower tile (Silver vein-cut travertine for $3/square foot from Craigslist)
Photobucket

Floor tile (Grey limestone, $4 a square foot, another Craigslist find)
beautiful grey floor tile

Vanity--just waiting for cute baskets of towels, etc., on the bottom:
Zoomed: allen + roth 36" Brown Espresso Hagen Bath Vanity with Top
Showerhead:

Nice modern showerhead

Paint Color:

color

Right now we have a hole in our kitchen ceiling, and everything in our bathroom is gone except the floors and the wall.  We had our rusty, galvanized pipes replaced as well, and we are loving the water pressure in our one working shower.  They installed the Hardiboard in the shower, and we are now living in a house that looks basically normal except for the light coating of drywall dust that has settled over everything.  I never thought I'd say it, but I just really want to be able to clean my house....  Right now, there is no point.

But man, am I glad that we can afford to remodel our bathroom right now.  It is going to function and look sooooo much better.  I'll post some more progress pictures in a few days.

5 comments:

  1. CAN't WAIT to see the finished results!! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brynn! I'll get some pics up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these ideas! SO cute....so spa like! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nikki! The real thing is almost done. I'm still finishing up painting, etc. I'll post some pics when I'm all done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE are going to do our bath and I happened to get here looking for travertine pictures- I have to say I love what you are doing!! haven't found the right tiles yet but I am determined to get them and love yours
    Really nice site too :-) you are very creative

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to read what other people think!