Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Family Picture--Ye olde but ye goody

We had a family picture taken of us when we went to our church's "Festival of Nativities" in December.  It is a wonderful tradition, where people all over Bellevue donate their Christmas Nativities to be displayed (borrowed) during a the first weekend of December.  The variety of nativities was amazing, from beautiful hand-carved olive wood nativities from Israel, to German "Kertzen Pyramiden," to some of the handcrafted nativities made of found objects like old aluminum cans rolled up into figures.  This whole event just set the tone for my Christmas this year.  My favorite display was a whole roomful of beautiful framed pictures of Jesus like this (one of my favorites by Liz Lemon Swindle):


Anyway, they had a room where your family could dress up and pose their own Nativity scene.  Yes, it took me this long to look ours up and order some pics on Shutterfly.  Here's it is:


Man, give me some lipstick!  I look like I'm dying of anemia.

But the rest of this picture is so stinking cute I can hardly stand it.  The shepherd standing next to me is dashing enough that I may have to quit the angel thing and marry him :).  The taller two wise men are very handsome, Mary and Joseph look perfect and if you've seen a more adorable midget wise man, I'd like to know (not to mention a more luscious angel-in-training).

I have some pictures of projects I've been working on (hint: new to me sofas at last!) that I'll get up by the end of the week if I can get the camera Wise Man #2 accidentally broke yesterday to load pics to my computer--Sadness!  In the meantime, I wanted to post something that made me smile today, even if it is evidence that I still wish it was Christmastime.  I hope it made you smile, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to read what other people think!