Friday, May 6, 2011

Crying Uncle

Even Uncle Sam wants me to get busy moving!

Well, we now have less than two weeks left before our move and things are getting hairy.  My husband's job is kind of intense this month, kids still have normal activities/school and still need me to help them do crazy things like eat and have clean clothes.  Crazy, right? :)

Anyway, I think I need to cry Uncle and drop out of Blogland for a few weeks, much as it pains me to admit it (and as much as I've loved using blogging as a delicious escape from the realities of moving).  I wish I could happily snap cute pictures of the process, but I have too much to do to spend time documenting it.  It is one of those situations where I can either move or blog about needing to move.  In this case, I need to choose action.

I just want you to know I will miss you all these next few weeks.  Just pretend I'm going on a vacation to a remote spot without Internet access--except instead of lounging on a beach I will be stuffing our junk precious belongings into boxes, setting up utilities, taking things to the Goodwill and cleaning my house.  If you want to refer your worst enemy to MY travel agent, just let me know :).

Never fear--I will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes of these two weeks with all sorts of fun things to share.

Until then, don't forget me, and have a wonderful few weeks!

Stay cool :),




Image from: http://www.macoassociates.com/blog/?p=421

8 comments:

  1. You are loved, you will be missed... but you have the right idea sister! Focus on that craziness and then get back here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the packing. Remember to label boxes clearly. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin,

    I'll be thinking of you. I hope it goes very smoothly and feels like home the moment
    Sarahxyou walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doh! The message box has a 'helpful tip' over it so I couldn't see what I was writing...hence guessing where I needed to sign my name. I don't usually sign it in the middle of a message!!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  5. realhousewifeofidahoMay 9, 2011 at 5:02 PM

    Good luck with the move! I hope life calms down for you soon. At least you are moving into a super cute house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the move! Can't wait to see the future pics. Keep calm and carry on :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know that I'm missing you. I hope it's all going really well, lovely, and that you settle in super-duper quickly.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your move went well.  How many boxes are still left to unpack?  Sometimes it takes me a month or so, especially those things for Christmas that I won't need for a long time.  Looking forward to seeing you back soon.

    Best wishes
    Jen in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to read what other people think!