Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm BAAAACK!




Oh my goodness.

I've missed you all!

In my defense, I've been pretty busy lately.  In addition to moving (which is no fun), I did a lamely- executed-but-nevertheless-fun birthday party for my  four-year-old the week before we moved.
Sawyer blowing out his candles.

We made a Dirt Cake for his party with plastic dinosaurs the kids got to "excavate" for.
 Moving stinks.  It really does.  It especially stinks when you are still licking your wounds from the last move.  We've moved three times in a year and a half.  I don't recommend it!  Hopefully we will be nice and comfy here for a while.

I am back at the stage of needing to buy a camera.  Mine broke four months ago, and my parents let me borrow theirs.  They took it back a week ago and now I need to pony up and figure out whether to spend big and get better pictures without as much effort or spend small and have to work a little harder like Nike, one of my favorite bloggers, over at Choose to Thrive.  I can't believe my parents had the cheek to take back what was rightfully theirs.  The nerve :)!

I have a deadline now of this weekend to resolve my camera issues, whereupon I will immediately start inundating the blog with lots of "befores" and hopefully a few "afters".  

But all of that aside, we are so very happily settling into our new home.  And I am in love with my life right now.

I love our back deck (even if it needs to be stained)--and so do my kids.


Damon is the sweetest brother to Lucy.
 I love my back yard (which isn't all ours, but I love how it gently flows into our neighbors' yards).

I love having my own house so we can have a trampoline for my kids to frolic on again.

I love that 80% of our boxes are unpacked!

I love that another one of my favorite bloggers, Sarah at Modern Country Style, is having a fabulous giveaway.  Spode polka dot bakeware pieces!!!! Be still my heart.  I am just selfless enough to encourage anyone who is reading this to go on over and enter to win.  But really, after you shamelessly enter her giveaway, poke around in Sarah's archives and become a follower.  She is such a lovely, approachable, stylish person.  I'm so glad we're blog-friends :).

Most of all, I love that one of my dearest friends is coming to spend the weekend with me!  Hooray!  We are planning a Mom field trip on Saturday, so look for a fun post next week.

Thanks for sticking with me, everyone.  It feels good to be back in the land of the living.

3 comments:

  1. I have made a similar "cake" for a birthday here.  Ours had little trucks on top moving around the dirt.  

    Glad to see such a beautiful new home for you.  I know how it feels to move a lot.  We have been in this house for over 4 years now and it is the longest I have ever lived in one place.  Moving every 12 months when leases were up makes for a lot of moving in 18 years of marriage.

    With regards to your question about summer school, we don't have a long break like you do over summer.  We have maybe 5 weeks and it is over Christmas so the days are naturally filled before and after buying, baking and playing with gifts.  I would like to do a project with my boys though on a long holiday.  You know, something you research then build, or create a poster/lapbook on as they are not our normal ways of school work.

    Maybe you can create a miniature Roman village in your backyard.  Think Night at the Museum.  Or Indians and Cowboys.  Create all the little people out of pipecleaners and wooden sticks.  Create houses out of mini clay bricks or twigs.  

    Good luck on those last few boxes,
    Jen in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. 80% of boxes unpacked?????? Erin you are madwoman!  So excited you are back and yes that deck looks fantastic!  The dilemma of cameras... we spent big a year ago, but did so on Amazon and saved compared to retail.  Plus, a tripod was thrown in and some other equipment.  I still don't know how to use it :)  My girlfriend has a Nikon coolpix?  and I swear it takes equally good pics as my D3000.  We could have gone with a higher model, but like I said... I cannot even operate this one :)  Good luck, do what feels right for your family now... there's too much blog pressure to have the best camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new home!  I love that new deck, too!  It looks so spacious...  Thanks also for continuing to stop by my blog.  Things are nearly back to normal for us after the tornado, and I've even started some new projects!  :)  Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to read what other people think!