Saturday, January 8, 2011

I dressed myself today...



This is a day when my three-year-old insisted on dressing himself.  

I would have probably been more concerned about it if I hadn't been at the DMV waiting for my 15 and 1/2-year-old to take his exam to get his driver's permit.  Eeek.  

Pretty soon three-year-olds will learn to put their velcro shoes on the right feet, and then they will outgrow velcro altogether.  

Then they will be getting their driver's permit and reminding you by their much taller-than-you presence that they are going to be leaving and making their own way in the world sooner than you would like to think.  

Of course, I want my children to grow up and become independent and I can't wait to hear about their adventures, but I already miss them just thinking about it.  

  So the truth is, I find badly fastened toggle coats and shoes on the wrong feet oddly comforting.  At least with my three-year-old, I have a few years left...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to read what other people think!